Sunday, September 14, 2008

Autumn


My favorite time of year! Last week, I went to storage and pulled out fall and Halloween decorations. (I don't so much do Halloween, but there are a few scarecrows in the bunch). I had people laughing at me telling me it was just too soon....nah! There's nothing like pumpkins and pumpkin spice candles to get you in the mood for what is to come...


This time of year, I start anticipating the holidays, the baking, the decorations and the family. This morning made it even better with 80 degree weather. I just love it! I'm saddened that my beautiful, wonderful aunt is gettin' chilled thinking of fall coming.


So, I decided to make homemade chili. It's cooking now. I love to cook and improvise a lot too (Sherry), but the bad thing about that is sometimes I couldn't repeat making something if I tried. My chili will be just that. I've just thrown all kinds of spices and stuff in it. But it's sooo good. It would make a great Frito pie if I weren't watching my "junk" food intake. I might have to forget about that though when I make the homemade pudding recipe. Yum. I wanted to do that last night about midnight while I'm listening to the wind blow and trees shake. But I couldn't talk Marlon into getting out in it to go buy milk.


As I'm sampling the chili in a bowl, Madison said "ugh mom, you're eating it by itself?" Well yeah! She said you're only suppose to eat chili on hot dogs. LOL. So sad that I don't serve chili that often as a meal. Perhaps that will change this winter. Maybe next time, I'll think to write down the recipe as I go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Mom sent me a link to your blog. I'll add you to my list of reads and am so glad for the chance to know you better!

Grandmas Post said...

JoAnne
I would like to get to know you better too. And I really do miss your mother. I miss you too but you know how us older folks are. I shared a little with you about what Carolyn meant to me but she was so much more to me. When I was growing up she was there for me and most of the time she seemed to be the only one there for me. (Hey , my sisters were.....in California.....and I still had sibling rivalry with the sister I had here) lots of regrets about the way I use to treat Rosette but she knows now that I love her so much, and I know my other sisters know I love them too.

Anonymous said...

Hey kiddo, will you share with me who is on your sidebar. The girl, all the boys, I would love to hear. Plus I am so nosey.
Love you
B W Auntie