Friday, October 22, 2010

Life is good...

I am so rarely on here (until recently) that I had forgotten some of the stuff I had written. I was reading about Ms. Madi and her venture to a charter school. That seems so long ago. We have now settled in to home school. This is what we do. Since that time, I have realized more and more how precious the young years are.  She is only young once. She loves being with mom and dad, and as long as she does, we will try to enjoy every second of it.

Sheri mentioned the guys doing an oil change(?) and how proud she was. It reminds me of M and the things she accomplishes. The things she knows and is capable of amazes me. Home school allows us to explore curriculum deeper, it allows M to learn cooking, baking, cleaning the house, laundry, and soo much more. She even pressure washed the porch last week!  Dad left her outside with the pressure washer and told her to go at it.  Fun stuff.

But I preach to the choir. I am thankful for our church. M has developed many new friendships with others her age.  She has friends who live chose, but we often talk about those who are not exposed to Christ and a good Christian home.  I allow her to make decisions on her own - while giving her the tools to do it. She often impresses me with what she comes up with.

I still stand in awe of what God blesses me with daily. It was a long road getting here - mostly self-induced - but who could ask for more than what He has given.....

I really wish I could find the charger to my camera battery!! I have lost it and have no clue why it is not where it should be.  I'm stuck at the moment, not taking pictures..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's fun to watch isn't it?! My kids all plan meals and can run the house pretty darn well!! (Learned that with the two hospitalizations last year). Homeschooling allows them to grow so much!

JoAnne said...

Yes, it does! It is amazing what they can do!