Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I finally found my blog and decided to write a moment while I drink my coffee. You guys are soo good at this - Sherry, Sue, Jeanette....ooohh Jeanette. It saddens me you are gone. One thing about Jeanette, she could always make you laugh - it might be after the fact of course, but she was very dear to me.

As I read through what I wrote a couple of years ago (wow, it's been that long?!), I wish to edit a statement I made. While I wrote my husband's favorite poem to live by, I commented that that did not work for me.....the Wise Ole Owl. Funny how life changes you - or perhaps our husbands do. I now prefer the quiet. While I do tend to still talk, I have learned it best not to involve myself in the drama of others.

Life is too short and full of its own worries to concern ourselves with what others are doing. Marlon has taught me that! Such a wonderful husband. I am not sure where I would be without him. He has taught me what true love really is.

I guess we never can know what true love and forgiveness is until we find ourselves lying at the foot of the cross. We must accept God's love and forgiveness - we then forgive ourselves - then we can in turn share that with others.

I am thankful today that I have known true love. I have forgiven myself and allowed God's love to be evident in my life.

I am blessed!

No comments: