Monday, December 1, 2008

Inquiring Minds

Okay, guys and gals, I'm here. I didn't realize how long it has been until I logged on and saw the date...yikes! And yes, dear Sue, it is difficult to keep my sanity!


let's see, the last post was right before Halloween...we survived that, and then Ms. Madison has a party November 1st. A sleep-over actually with a bunch of girls...that was fun!

Anyway, then Marlon's family sprung one on me. We were planning to be in Texas on Thanksgiving, but as it turned out, they planned Thanksgiving for Sunday the 16th. That way, all 5 siblings could be there. One girl lives in Arizona, Marlon in Arkansas of course, and the other 3 in Texas. Debbie his oldest sister went to Germany for Thanksgiving. How wonderful!

Anyway, so as it worked out, Ms. Madison was out of school already the 13th & 14th, so off we went to Texas. We had Thanksgiving on the 16th as planned, and then the 3 of us drove back home on Monday. It was a wonderful trip. My in-laws is one of my favorite vacationing spots. It is so peaceful and quiet most of the time.

So....then the next thing I guess was Thanksgiving. I absolutely love to cook, bake and create. So, that's what I did. We had a wonderful, peaceful time at home. Mother came over and we cooked up a storm. Yolie and the kiddos did come over and eat on Friday. But half of the food I loaded up and took to Debbie's house. She spent most of her week working and didn't have time to cook much. So, I enjoyed being of service.

Then, the craziest thing of all. Mother and I stayed up late on Thurs. night watching movies. Then, got up at 3:30am to go to Kohls right up the road. I have NEVER gone shopping the day after Thanksgiving. For those of you who love to do that, Kuddos to you. But for me personally, I can't stand it! However, mother wanted the towels and washcloths for $2.99 a bundle, and I wanted the mattress topper for my bed for $35.00. She did get her towels. I did not however get my topper. I did get some toys fairly cheapo, but the line......OMG! It was horrible. We got home at 6am and went to bed. Unfortunately, my mother cannot stand in line for 2 hours to purchase towels, no matter how cheap. I kept telling her we would drop it and go home, but she insisted. well, she suffered for it. She spent the weekend in the bed with her back out of line. It's almost comical.....the idea, that is, that we could do that somehow and walk away enjoying it! Lesson learned! One time is plenty for me. Crowds give me anxiety.

So, now you wonder I suppose what has kept me from posting? Well, I am still attending college online. I have stayed on top of that, worked from home and been a full-time employee/stay at home housewife....yeah, I'm about crazy! But it's all good...

Marlon and I were discussing Christmas. We asked each other what we wanted. For the first time, neither of us can think of a thing. We are both so blessed and have decided to just buy for our children and the kiddos next door. I want them all to have a good Christmas. Even with the chaos, life is good and peaceful. I lie in bed at night thanking God for all He has given me. I truly do not deserve everything He has blessed me with. To some, it may not be much. But he has truly given me the desires of my heart time and time again. (I may have said that already on here, but it's the one thing that comes to my mind repeatedly). God is good!

Oh yeah, and the best part. We always have an artificial tree. I have always had an issue with this, mostly because it's ugly. But this year, we decided on a real tree. We went Saturday and bought one. The most beautiful tree! The 3 of us spent the evening decorating and pulling out all the Christmas stuff. We now have a Christmas filled house ready for Santa.

OKay, that's it for now. I will return very shortly!
to all those who read this: I love you, I'm sure. If I don't know you or vice versa, then rest assured, you would love me! =)

Happy Holidays to All!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I was just about the close the laptop when my google reader announced that you had updated your blog, I couldn't let that moment go by without stopping to read!

We don't shop on Black Friday either, I believe my years of working retail permanently turned me off of it...or at least turned me off of it long enough to last me several years because THIS year Mike and I got up early and headed out. It wasn't bad, the line at Old Navy was horrendous and Kohl's was somewhat disgusting (we left without shopping!) but people weren't rude or pushy in our neck of the woods. (Always a bonus)