Thursday, January 27, 2011

100 Things for 2011

Thanks, Sue, for the response.  I know I do not write here often.  After I spend my day writing for work, college and Madison's school stuff + daytimer and all the sticky notes on my desk....I just cannot seem to find time to write down my thoughts!  lol  But, indeed I am trying!

My brother did this several years ago - though he might not be aware, I try at the end of each year to list 100 goals for the next year. Most are short-term, some are long-term...some of them simply roll over to the next year. I have been able to accomplish several things the past few years since starting this. 




My List:




  1. Madi & I attend 1 pottery class (we missed the last one)
  2. take more field trips


  3. Take a vacation with just my husband - anywhere
  4. take a family cruise
  5. be prepared to purchase a honeymoon for my step-son, who will more than likely propose soon!


  6. lose a few more lbs.


  7. write a book with my brother


  8. join AITP


  9. look into project management certifications

  10. master UNIX operating systems


  11. ace my college classes


  12. family get-togethers once a month


  13. get my funeral plan in order (myself & hubby)


  14. write my eulogy (sounds morbid - but I wish to be prepared)

  15. help Wayne get his funeral details organized - he wishes a party instead of funeral!


  16. pursue a new job


  17. Madi & I to start Spanish classes - we might talk hubby into that one!


  18. get a new vehicle

  19. get the Dodge in great condition


  20. paint the master bathroom


  21. paint the kitchen


  22. paint the living room


  23. take Madi to see the Pacific coast


  24. buy a new computer


  25. attend the home school convention


  26. spend more time with janet and the kiddos

  27. take M on tour of NASA via Pete in Texas

  28. attend one space launch - up close and personal (there are only 2 more scheduled with NASA  =( 

  29. master the art of keeping my desk clear

  30. have 1 very large cook-out - everyone invited

  31. buy new glasses/contacts

  32. get my wisdom teeth removed - ugh

  33. write on my blog more
  34. learn to dance
  35. teach Madi to dance
  36. look up one of my dad's old friends
  37. get better "plugged-in" to church
  38. take more Bible studies
  39. pay my tithes regularly
  40. give my husband control of the finances - I'm tired
  41. give up trying to control the things I cannot
  42. visit all my aunts and uncles more
  43. see more of my cousins - the millions of them!
  44. let go completely of the things in my past that I continue to hang onto
  45. be a better friend to others
  46. cultivate a deeper relationship with God, i.e. pray, read Bible, plugged-in church
  47. continue to participate in the Children's ministry
  48. do more for the Children's ministry
  49. be a better mom - there is just too much here to clarify!
  50. be a better wife
  51. be a better daughter/sister
  52. be a better property manager - not getting sidetrack with unnecessaries..
  53. give it all to God daily

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good blog Joann, That is a good start, maybe I need to do that, make me a list and read it every day. I have not posted much lately but maybe I will get back, now that I am feeling like myself again. Love you and hope we can become closer than we have in the past. One of my goals for this year.