Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My soul is empty

I have realized recently the need for quiet waters.  I read a book by Max Lucado that breaks down Psalm 23 into sentence sections (1 per chapter). 

We are all dumb sheep in need of a shephard!

The Lord is my Shepherd (I am a dumb sheep)


I shall not want (He provides all I need)

He makes me to lie down in green pastures (Rest)

He leads me beside still waters (Quiet time)

He restores my soul (Healing)

He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake (Lady with Strength & Honor – for His glory)

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (Loss)

I will fear no evil for You are with me (Faith)

Your rod and staff comfort me (Discipline & Guidance)

You prepare a table before me in the presence of mine enemies (Unmerited Favor in abundance)

You anoint my head with oil (Protection)

My cup overflows (Blessings)

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever





1 comment:

JoAnne said...

And when we don't take the time, He ensures that we spend time by quiet waters. He will lead us there, one way or another.