
For the longest time, I have wanted to somehow write a blog or whatever, but I am sooo not good with this type of thingey. (I wished our ancestors would've had Internet and blog spots. That way we wouldn't be guessing at what they actually did all of their long lives). Thanks to my beautiful, wonderful Aunt Sue (she made me say that!), I found this website and here we go...
Not long after Madison was born, I gave her the nickname Sally Gouton. I just made it up..don't know where it came from. I've been told since by a friend, Paul, that Gouton is a Cajun name. ?? who knows. That's just what I called her. Sometimes I would say "Sally". Other times, "Gout".
So, that's how that got started. Since then, we have used the name Sally Gouton on many occasions for many people. I sometimes find myself calling friends' children "Sally" out of habit and of course tenderness.
After 3+ years of homeschooling, Madison started school a couple of weeks ago. It was a difficult decision for me to make, but we had a new charter school open this fall in the area and this is where she attends. She decided to be called Faith (her first name) in school. Ironic, she's in the 3rd grade and I changed my school name from Rachelle to JoAnne in the 3rd grade....and never looked back.
Soo..hence who sallygouton is...my inspiration!
Not long after Madison was born, I gave her the nickname Sally Gouton. I just made it up..don't know where it came from. I've been told since by a friend, Paul, that Gouton is a Cajun name. ?? who knows. That's just what I called her. Sometimes I would say "Sally". Other times, "Gout".
So, that's how that got started. Since then, we have used the name Sally Gouton on many occasions for many people. I sometimes find myself calling friends' children "Sally" out of habit and of course tenderness.
After 3+ years of homeschooling, Madison started school a couple of weeks ago. It was a difficult decision for me to make, but we had a new charter school open this fall in the area and this is where she attends. She decided to be called Faith (her first name) in school. Ironic, she's in the 3rd grade and I changed my school name from Rachelle to JoAnne in the 3rd grade....and never looked back.
Soo..hence who sallygouton is...my inspiration!
2 comments:
Of course you can guess, when I saw the name on your blog, I wondered, WHO? Let me be the first to say, How blessed you are to have a "beautiful Wonderful Aunt" LOL I am so glad to have yet another diary to read. Your post are wonderful so dont worry about this "thingy" Speak your heart but keep it light, somedays I go back and delete some of mine. Sometimes my heart is sort of gray and I dont need to share that with others, I want them to see the Me that Loves God and Life and all he blessed me with.
So glad you are sharing with us, you have a beautiful daughter and am looking forward to getting to know her and renewing our family relation with you. Missed all you kids and your Mother. I love her like a sister.
Post a Comment